Beads - 100g pack
Stick - 50g pack
Nikawa or "cow skin glue"
Comes in a pack of sticks (traditional) or beads
How to Size Japanese Paper:
1. Place beads or cut the Nikawa stick into tiny pieces and place into a qt. container. Add 200cc (approx. 1 cup) of water. Soak at least 6 hours or overnight.
2. Heat the Nikawa mixture on low heat, mixing constantly to dissolve Nikawa pieces, making sure it does NOT boil, until it melts away and the color is light brown.
3. Pour Mixture into a large bucket, add an additional 4 cups of water.
4. Add about 1/8 teaspoon of Myoban into the mixture and mix well until Myoban dissolves. Now you have the Dosa mixture and it is ready to be applied to the paper.
5. Dip the brush into the mixture and tap the brush to remove excess.
6. Brush on both sides of the paper slowly and evenly from side to side in the same direction. If you want a stronger sizing, you can repeat this process two or three times. Allow to dry after each application.
Let this dry completely and follow same instructions for other side. Do not use a blow dryer or fan.